Cvonvorys 
Postdoc
Cvonvorys
Loc: Princeton, New Jersey
Reg: 10-11-06
01-15-18 12:28 PM - Post#243608    
    In response to JadwinGeorge

Just my observations/opinions regarding Penn's 3-0 Ivy League start:

1) In past years, Penn would consistently blow big leads and lose down the stretch. This year Penn is holding off the runs, never allowing the opponent to get over the hump and tie it up or take the lead.

2) In past years, often times Penn looked like the lesser team. This year Penn looks like they are the better team on the floor.

3) SD seems to be doing a fantastic job... His in-game adjustments, his player substitutions, and ultimately winning games in a wide variety of ways. Against Princeton, all starters played a minimum of 32 minutes. Against Columbia, Columbia as a team finished with 3 assists/Darnell alone had 6.

4) This seems to be a closely knit team that knows and accepts there individual roles and enjoys playing together. Check out the interview with Ryan & AJ after the Columbia win where Ryan says about AJ "I love playing with this guy!" You gotta figure that Jackson and Sam and Matt and Jake and many others want more PT, but you cannot tell by watching them on the bench cheering their team mates on.

5) I know, I know... Twenty turnovers against Columbia is too many. Their poor foul shooting may cost them games (although it seems that Caleb has earned some trust from SD, so having both him and Ryan in late may prevent a loss or two). That being said, winning teams overcome adversity or poor officiating or injury.

6) Finally, Penn is undefeated on the season when Darnell attempts 10 or fewer field goals... Coincidence?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.813 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:50 AM