Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Max’s stats
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
01-18-18 07:32 PM - Post#243927    
    In response to TheLine

Block rate and conversion rate at the rim are worse than last year. Your steal rate is down big. The things the defense most controls are significantly worse than last year. Yes, the rebounding has been good, but a lot of that is because opponents are missing more of the shots that are easier to rebound (jumpers and free throws) than they did last year and fewer of the shots that are tougher to rebound (at rim and specifically blocks at the rim).

Two of the things that regressed hardest against you in league play last year (3PT% and FT%) are the primary things driving your “improved” defense. I’d rather have it be things that are more under my control.

Best part about Penn’s D this year is how it scares opponents off the line, but that also turned a bit in league play last year. Need to keep pushing opponents off the line and into 2PT Js.

I’d rather have last year’s D, frankly.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.226 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:03 PM