Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Max’s stats
Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-22-04
01-19-18 12:32 PM - Post#244003    
    In response to SomeGuy

• SomeGuy Said:
Perhaps we are better off playing Simmons more, and that would maximize us. You and I could still be right that we are better off playing Sam Jones. But you can literally do this with any basketball team. It’s a more statistical version of everyone loving the third string QB, but it’s still the same thing. Making that one move would make us . . . 12-5.

There is of course a human element here, too. You can’t get the players to trust in the plan if you don’t show trust in the plan yourself. It appears the culture is strong enough to handle these sorts of tough decisions, but I think there is something to be said for continuity. As we’ve discussed, this wouldn’t have been my starting lineup at the start of the year. It sure as heck would be tomorrow though.

That's true to some extent. Were Max to find himself on the bench tomorrow, that could have knock-on effects to the lineup. But if Max were to get, say, 22 minutes and Jarrod 18, as the start of phasing in Jarrod to the starting lineup, that might be preferred. Also allows you to pull back if, with more minutes, Jarrod isn't outplaying Max by as much as he is now. Ok, good plan.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.202 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:02 AM