Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown 81 Yale 80
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-19-18 11:49 PM - Post#244088    
    In response to JBears

I won’t dampen your enthusiasm. It was a very good win, and maybe a signature win of the MM and Staff recruiting success. I agree Choh was the difference. Not just with dunks but the big block and a huge assist down the stretch to DeWolf - who also had a really nice game, particularly on the boards. Okolie played big too, his scoring down the stretch made a difference. And what’s better than seeing Cambridge so thoroughly outplay Oni in the matchup of the two most exciting young guards in the league.

Most promising sign was the fact that they won when Anderson didn’t shoot it much, didn’t get inside hardly at all, and was more distributor than scorer. That’s great news.

Once again Phills was unstoppable and what a performance by Copeland off the bench. Those two were the story. I also thought Yale’s defense kept the Brown offense off balance all game - they showed on Anderson when he’d get around a pick, and had two bodies on him every time he approached the paint.

I thought officiating was terrible. Atrocious. More than anything on the two breakaway fouls. Oni should have been tossed - period. He was frustrated after Cambridge blocked his three pointer, took him down and then gave a clear knee to his head. Unbelievable to me that they didn’t throw him out. League needs to look at that too. But calling the breakaway on Cambridge a few minutes later was nearly as ridiculous. Two horrible officiating calls that happened to go against Brown.

Nice win, beating these guys for the first time in a long time.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.265 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:51 AM