Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Mason Out for 2016-2017 Season
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
02-01-18 11:48 AM - Post#245367    
    In response to palestra38

I wouldn't underestimate Brown's offense. I posted earlier that although Harvard held Brown to 10 points in 10.5 minutes, Brown scored 77 points. Only St. Mary's and Kentucky have scored more points against Harvard's defense. Certainly, Chris Lewis' foul trouble limiting him to 15 minutes significantly impacted Harvard's defense, but Anderson, Cambridge and Okolie keep coming at you and Hunsaker can shoot 3's. Will all due respect to what has been posted, these 3 guards are built to drive and shoot athletically to an extent I don't see on any other Ivy team.

Penn is a better team because of its bigs and its defense, but Penn better be able to score because Brown will. Here would be my concerns:
- Brown shoots more FT's than any other squad by far
- the 4 guards shoot 85% from the line
- Brown will drive the lane and draw fouls
- Brown can make 3's in bunches, but is not a high % shooting team
- Penn's most athletic defenders aren't its best shooters

I think palestra38 called it correctly. If Penn shoots well, it should win. If it doesn't, it could be close and, if it comes down to FT's, the odds may shift to Brown.

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 02-01-18 11:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.215 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:56 AM