Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard game-an opinion
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-02-18 09:56 AM - Post#245494    
    In response to cc66

I don’t see why beating Harvard at home would be surprising. Just looking back at last year, a comparable Columbia team beat a much better Harvard team. And like this year, a comparable Columbia team split with a comparable Cornell team. I understand that it is a little frustrating to outplay Cornell overall for 80 minutes and come away 1-1, but I also don’t think the 26 point win was indicative of much other than one team having a really good game and the other having a really bad one. Regardless, Harvard overall hasn’t played that far above Columbia this year — not far enough for a game at Columbia to be anything other than a toss up. The question of course is whether Aiken is able to play (and play like himself) and whether Harvard’s recent record in league play is more indicative of their real level than their pomeroy rank. I don’t think Harvard sweeps the weekend (and if they do, the rest of the league should be thanking their lucky stars that there is a tournament).

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.145 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:56 AM