Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bruno
TigerFan 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
02-04-18 10:10 AM - Post#246012    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

Very frustrating loss. The death of Pete Carril basketball may now be complete. The offense consists almost entirely of (skilled) one-on-one moves and the defense was non existent last night (except for a stretch at the start of the 2nd half when Cambridge was stopped cold). Brown scored at will with penetration and from beyond the arc (and just killed us at the line).

The "cuts" our guys make are half-hearted at best for long stretches so when the shots stopped going down, we stop scoring. We have outstanding offensive players but when the chips were down last night, they could not run plays, bogged down and lost the lead.

When we tried to run the clock down at the end of the game, it was one guy standing at the top until a desperate last second move to the basket without any effort to get a play off. The 6 point lead with just a few minutes to play just evaporated. That rarely happened to us in the past.

I hate it when Penn fans complain about officiating but I also need to add that I thought the refs were very uneven, calling EVERY touch on Princeton and "letting them play" on the Princeton end. There was a play late when Much was about to pull down an unbelievable rebound and a Brown player climbed all over his back with no call, a time when Bell got blasted while dribbling and no call, etc.

When we got to the line, we were miserable: Bell and Canady both missing front ends late in the game; Stevens missing multiple times.

Finally, Princeton has been very poor lately at end-of-half and end-of-game situations. We've had the ball with 5, 7, 15 seconds left over and over and are not getting anything. Why LeBlanc thought heaving the ball the length of the court with 4+ seconds left at the end of the game was a good idea I'll never know. Was that Mitch's first option? Hitting that play is like trying to execute an onsides kick--the odds against it working are just so damn high.

I'll probably drag myself back to Jadwin Tuesday night in hopes that some things will change but that was a brutal loss.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.153 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:40 AM