Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
02-04-18 04:37 PM - Post#246090    
    In response to PennFan10

• PennFan10 Said:
I would really like to see some more from Jarrod Simmons. He has more ability than what we are seeing. I think this is all his mentality. He is adjusting to the college game. He comes into games with energy and something bad happens and his body language is terrible. He has to have more confidence in himself and develop a short memory. He scored on a great move early and was called for traveling. He slumped his shoulders and barely jogged back on D. Then 2 quick fouls. He has to trust he is going to play and when he gets in he just has to play hard and not focus on the results. He appears to be over thinking things. I think we need Jarrod to be a 15-20min a game guy at least down the stretch. That's really on him as coach seems to want to play him.

Completely agree with you here and we have to get Simmons on the floor at least 10-12 mins per game, especially on the road back to backs, to give AJ and Max a break. Seems Donahue wants that too but Simmons has to do his part and reduce fouls.

My observation is also that it seems mental. He has all the tools, nice looking shot, athleticism, good court awareness, etc. Even his stats are promising in limited sample, especially the fact that he isn’t a turnover machine. Let’s hope he can gain some confidence in the coming weeks.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.18 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:40 AM