Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale
TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
02-05-18 10:19 AM - Post#246176    
    In response to Streamers

Streamers - totally agree. And I'm also in a field that relies a lot on data.

A major issue with assessing Woods analytically is that much of his positive contribution on the court is on the defensive end, where the advanced numbers we play with are incomplete.

And then there are the little things. I'm not saying others don't do these little things, just that I do notice Woods doing them a lot and they do make a difference.

One play on Saturday really stood out for me. In the first half Woods tried taking it to the rim, got mugged and fell hard on the court. No call. He didn't lay there looking for a foul call that wasn't coming. He didn't even look in the ref's direction. Instead Woods got right back up and raced down the court to get into defensive position and helped stop Yale on that possession.

I don't know where Woods should rate to be honest. My sense is that he's on par with Foreman, who continues to be an underrated player. I do know that Penn wouldn't be where it is without Woods.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.805 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:37 PM