Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
02-05-18 01:01 PM - Post#246211    
    In response to Go Green

Did I? When? Uh...you brought up minutes. And you obviously missed the point of my reasonably clear posts on Wright. This is what I said: "Mclaughlin hasn't recruited Wrights replacement. That's on him. We don't have a true wing (including Wright). Which is pretty amazing when you think about it. Who exactly did Mclaughlin plan to play the 3 next year? Wright's defense is generally atrocious, and he's a spotty performer on offense. You would think that Mclaughlin would look to have at least 2 true wings behind Wright working into the lineup and preparing for future years. Nope. We don't even have one. So unless Sistare suddenly sprouts foot quickness, defensive abilities, and jumping ability, Wright it is. But my issue is he's a captain. Don't you have some expectation of on court performance from your "leaders"? I did when I played and I expect most athletes do. How he can play 39 mins and have that abysmal performance is beyond me. Going to be a long few years ahead of us....."

My comments on Wright have remained fairly consistent: Streaky, unreliable/inconsistent player for his entire 4 year career, poor defender, reasonably athletic, poor decision maker with the ball, poor leader, low basketball IQ. I think he has no choice but to play Wright as he is the closest thing we have to a wing, which again is a huge recruiting miss on McLAUGHlin's part. The team is so bad, we always have to play bad players. But we're in good company. The whole league is pretty bad this year (Penn pretty good, as is Princeton...cause they have great coaches and we do not). As a side note, most players in the Ivy League (with a few notable exceptions like Harvard and the odd players on other teams, oh, and Boudreaux, the kid McLAUGHlin and Sheehy let go)) did not have Division 1 scholarships at good schools because they were not good enough basketball players to get scholarship interest. Most, definitely not all, were ok basketball players that were smart enough to play in the Ivy League. There is NO ONE on our team right now that would even get minutes on a mid major D1 team. Maybe someone would take a chance on Knight or Emery on size, but they wouldn't be playing at this stage of their careers. So, since that's the case, we have to be super smart about who we bring in and what role that player will fill going forward. We have no true 3's or wings in the pipeline. And if what I'm hearing is true about possible defections and a poor recruiting class, combined with bad coaching, all of the people on and off this board will be doing a lot of hoping and hand wringing over the Dartmouth Men's basketball team in the coming years. To say I'm not optimistic is a huge understatement.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.367 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:15 AM