Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Princeton Game Thread
penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
02-07-18 10:20 AM - Post#246704    
    In response to palestra38

I basically agree, except with the Final Four comment. The ESPN commentator last night was asked by Rece Davis what he thought of Penn's chances in an NCAA tourney game should they quality. While praising them he also cautioned that Penn's big men wouldn't be able to body up Power 5 conference bigs the way they did against Princeton, and the same was certainly true of the Allen-Maloney squad. That bull of a player on Florida would have given AJ plenty of problems.

• palestra38 Said:
That team did not have any big men who could make the kind of moves we saw from AJ yesterday. Trice, Moore and Krug were all nice players without any of AJ's inside game. You put AJ on that team and they might have made the Final Four

Before we have a Big Man Controversy, I'll just note that AJ was only able to completely dominate the game when Max was out of the game and Princeton was beside itself trying to cover both Wood and Betley outside. Max has brought a lot to the table, but the next time I see AJ standing on the 3 point line wondering whether he should shoot, I will scream.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.388 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:48 AM