Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Princeton, etc.
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-07-18 09:45 PM - Post#246853    
    In response to Old Bear

Absolutely, and I wouldn’t take the exuberance of Penn fans as an indicator we think we’ve reached the summit. I think we’re mainly just happy to finally be back in the conversation.

To me, Princeton is still a virtual lock to be in the tournament, although 3-3 after playing 5 home games is a bit of a hole. I think they’ll get out with room to spare. But no question that Harvard is in the best position, and then Penn.

With Brown, Cambridge has certainly impressed (or frightened) the Harvard, Penn, and Princeton fans who have seen him once. I suspect there will be bumps along the way as teams adjust to him. I also think the all offense no defense narrative is a little off for Brown — overall despite some very nice pieces and some very strong games, the offense hasn’t been that strong statistically. In fact, the offense only moved ahead of the defense in the pomeroy rankings last weekend. While it is certainly possible Cambridge turned a corner and they’ll never look back, it is more likely that this is a hot streak and the offense isn’t as good and the Defense isn’t as bad as either appeared last weekend.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.976 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:56 PM