Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Building realistic simulations
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
02-08-18 10:36 AM - Post#246896    
    In response to T.P.F.K.A.D.W.

SOS is pretty equal and will be very equal down the stretch (essentially only difference is Brown-Columbia swapping out and those two are very close in the rankings).

The crux of it is that Yale is a MUCH better team. The Bulldogs are not only favored over Cornell at home, they're also a 2-pt favorite in Ithaca. Then every weekend they have better odds than Cornell as well. Cornell is 9% to sweep the Ps at home, Yale is roughly 25% (key weekend for tiebreakers).

Very similar to why Penn last year still had decent odds at 0-5 and even at 0-6 still had better odds to make the Ivy tourney (7%) than 2-4 Cornell (3%), leading me to say this at the time:

Mike James
‏

@ivybball
5 Feb 2017
More Mike James Retweeted CornellSportsGameday
If Cornell wins, I'm not looking forward to having to explain how a 3-3 team has lower odds to make the Ivy tourney than an 0-5 team. Mike James added,
CornellSportsGameday

@CUBigRedGameday
MBKB I It's halftime and we're all tied at 36-36. Sophomore Stone Gettings with 16 points to lead the Big Red.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.138 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:42 AM