Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
Reg: 11-21-04
02-10-18 02:30 PM - Post#247237    
    In response to Quakers03

• Quakers03 Said:
So if Dartmouth doesn't hit that corner 3 fading away and Penn wins by 6-7, they don't drop or drop just by a few instead...Lol.

Absolutely. I said we would cover if we hit our FTs down the stretch and we would have if not for that crazy 3 which Penn to foul (love that move, BTW.)

As for Silpe, he gave up a 3 when he fell and would have gotten credit for another 3 of his own had it not been waved off with an offensive foul off the ball.

I think this game went down about the way we thought it would. I guess we were lucky again. NOT. Experience, depth (read: Silpe), AJ, and some shrewd coaching moves won this thing and it should not have been that close. I was surprised at how much size Dartmouth put out there, and how effective it was with Max and Caleb out of sorts. The only 'luck' was that Dartmouth shot the ball both inside and out as badly as we did when they got looks.

Unaccustomed as I am to typing the words "when Colin was right" he called that Steve would address the defensive boards problem in the first half, someone would find the range from 3 and Penn
would win in the end.

Here is what I do not get: Why, with 3 of out top 6 having bad nights, and Betley in foul trouble, did we not see SD go to his bench aside from Jake and Jarrod. I was sure we would see Jones at some point, and this was a good opportunity to get Devon out there - he would have created a real matchup problem for Dartmouth just as he did in the 2nd game last year. Can anyone help me understand this? To win on road Saturdays, your bench needs to come through.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.244 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:52 PM