Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Let's talk about how deep this team really is
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
02-13-18 12:59 AM - Post#247636    
    In response to 91Quake

• 91Quake Said:
Agreed. And it may be just a drop early to declare anyone but Cambridge a star recruit. And that is very normal.

And let's be fair to Simmons. Just because everything has not clicked should not be equated with a lack of effort/desire/whatever. You are jumping to conclusions that are not fair or substantiated.

I think it's a bit of semantics. I think the post was commenting on the fact that Simmons doesn't have a full time motor and has negative body language. That gets interpreted as an issue of effort/desire. I think that can be a misunderstanding - Simmons may care as much as any other player, but doesn't know how to express that in behaviors that will reinforce and raise his game. The behaviors that people are looking for are confidence, resilience, ability to energize his team-mates, and non-stop activity. When Simmons or players he is guarding are off the ball, he is not doing all of the things that make a player great. He is not improving his positioning at all times. He is not making opponents chase or respond to his physical pressure. He is not clearing space for a potential rebound or to set a great screen.

When he does have the ball or when he is guarding the player with the ball, he is much more attentive and looks better.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.199 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:53 AM