Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Inquirer Story on Tough Road Trip
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
02-13-18 02:52 PM - Post#247709    
    In response to mrjames

• mrjames Said:
When our standard to change our priors is to have something definitively, 100% proven wrong, we make Reverend Bayes cry.

But I agree that Steve’s input would be interesting here.

I’ve been a little surprised that some of the key takeaways from that game were the reffing was bad and scheduling was unfair. There are some real things to work on both for Harvard and for Penn in advance of the rematch that I believe make the legs/ref issues trivial by comparison. The team that cleans up those former issues better is the one better positioned to win the rematch.

I call BS on this. Show me where anyone said the refs were bad? I pointed out a 22-9 disparity in Free Throws which I believe is indisputable fact and offered no commentary other than to say it didn’t impact the result.

As far as the Travel and timing we know it had an impact on Max due to his documented issues. Whether that had any affect on LEWIS taking 14 shots and making 10 I don’t know but I will take the under on either of those in the rematch. I also think Towns will play better next time as well. The next game is unlikely to resemble the first for a number of reasons from strategy to circumstances.

Harvard was the better team Saturday which doesn’t prove they are better overall. They may be and that’s why the adjustments for next weeks rematch will carry a lot of intrigue.

You highlight the lob pass to Lewis. That’s a very difficult pass to execute and kudos to H for doing it repeatedly. Penn also got caught in some rotations as a result of that strategy that led to defensive lapses and easy buckets. I expect that to get cleaned up. If Aiken plays I doubt Lewis takes 14 shots and then I doubt Aiken shoots 71%. If he does we lose anyway.

We have some guys not practicing much in order to be ready for games so recovery times for injured players would seem to have an inordinate affect on games when you play so many in a short time frame, so the impact on travel and timing would be amplified. None of those factors will be in play next week.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.261 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:25 AM