Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown-Yale Weekend
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
02-15-18 10:14 AM - Post#247911    

Nice Harvard Crimson article about the upcoming weekend submits that Bryce practiced Monday, but at less than "full throttle."

No insight on whether Makai Mason is available for Yale and no mention of Desmond Cambridge's health for Brown.

The Crimson author does remind that prior to the most recent two seasons Harvard started 7-1 five consecutive years, during which time Harvard reached the NCAA tournament 4 times. Exception would have been 2010-11 playoff loss to Princeton. Of course, with such a young squad, only Coach Amaker and the seniors (who generally don't play) have been here before. Last weekend, underclassmen played 82% of minutes, scoring 94% of Harvard's points. Mr James sophomore class win shares must be accumulating, even without Bryce.

Despite the Crimson's strong start, losses to both Brown and Yale would leave Crimson only a game ahead of those teams and likely put the regular season title out of reach. No game will be easy as every game is a must-win for for each of the 3-5 (Columbia, Princeton, Cornell) and 4-4 teams (Brown, Yale).

On the other hand, the support and excitement for this year's squad seems to be growing - and for good reason. I awoke this morning to an email from my sister asking about Ivy Tournament Tix. There is no way she ever attended a Harvard basketball game during her 4 years there and the Tournament would be her first game of this season.

I've got my tix through March 11th. Fortunately, my wife, both sons, and, apparently, my sister, are fans.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.245 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:41 PM