Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: State of the team?
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
02-21-18 05:37 PM - Post#248810    
    In response to somedartmouthstudent2

I know we've been through this before, but when I was doing my All-Ivy sweep to get a sense of where the different staffs were leaning, it became clear that Boudreaux wasn't a lock for the 1st team as many expected because of his defense and the fact that he couldn't make his team better. Those were real concerns. It's the same reason that when Evan left the team shortly before the season started, the sentiment I heard was that Dartmouth might be better for it.

Objectively, Dartmouth has been better this year. And objectively, many of the same players for Dartmouth, year over year, have been better this season. Whether or not those players improved in spite of losing Boudreaux or because of the departure is open for debate. That being said, normally when teams in this league suddenly lose All-Ivy first team talents, they get worse (usually a lot worse). Dartmouth got better.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.277 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:55 PM