Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: State of the team?
somedartmouthstudent2 
Freshman

Reg: 02-21-18
02-22-18 02:59 PM - Post#248902    
    In response to SomeGuy

I am fairly confident he was 4 as a freshman and 8 as a sophomore. I found some receipts where I posted the PER but I can't get back to my source material right now. So I'm certainly at least half wrong on that one.

I think the issue here might be the fact that you equate our rebounding improvement to the fact he left. He had two consecutive league leading (or top 2) rebounding seasons on a team where he was the tallest guy. This year we have added 2 guys (and more minutes for emery) that are able to actually rebound.

I've been reading back through a lot of posts to make sure I've been consistent. Unfortunately that has also allowed me to notice some inconsistencies and consistencies across the board.

SomeGuy- I'm not exactly sure what you have against the player who left but it seems like you have been leading a crusade against him for the last two years. If it is purely in the name of metrics above all, so be it, but present it that way. I think its probably time to end this conversation since it seems to be becoming a little cyclical.

MrJames- I think PennFan called you out on it. But the below quote stands in stark contrast to everything you said about 1st team and POY the last two years.

• mrjames Said:
In the past, it seems that three things have held true: 1) Ivy play matters more than non-conference; 2) offense is considered more than defense and 3) how your team does (and how you help make your team better) matters.

You as well don't seem to like the player who left as I have found a number of other posts where you refer to his defense as garbage or something similar (when it was in fact average, or slightly above average.)

I think this is a lesson that all parties (even me as a Dartmouth fan believe it or not) allow bias to shade how they approach presenting and defending metrics. I say we get back to rooting for our teams, and not talking about this player and call it a day. I have certainly spent more time writing these posts than my psychology paper.

Edited by somedartmouthstudent2 on 02-22-18 03:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.383 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:32 AM