Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-25-18 12:16 AM - Post#249423    
    In response to cc66

Well, when I talk about the kenpom ratings, Princeton has played poorly over the last 7 more than Columbia has played well. Mike James can probably isolate this and tell us where each has been over the last 7, but I would guess that Columbia has continued to chug along as a team in the 200-250 range all year, while Princeton played like a top 125 team for a while and then has played poorly enough over the last 7 to plummet to 200. So unless Kyle Castlin is making Princeton worse, I don’t see the big uptick in Columbia.

Personally, I think this is two years in a row where Columbia is fairly similar through the course of the year, but the home/away split makes it seem like they collapsed (last year) or improved (this year). I think the reality is that they play better at home, and if you front or backload the home games, It can look like they’ve changed more than they really have.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.122 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:53 AM