Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: One foot in the grave
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
02-26-18 08:50 AM - Post#249550    
    In response to SRP

You make a valid point but to me, the simple answer to all of the discussion is that Penn earned the right to go to the Big Dance based on their cumulative play over the course of the season if they close it out next weekend. If not the NCAA bid should have gone to the playoff winner at a neutral site if Harvard and Penn tie. Yale and whoever is the 4th seed simply have not earned the right to go if not for IvyMadness. With all that said, Penn probably has less than a 50% chance to go to the Big Dance based on playing at the IL Tournament.

I remember feeling no elation that the Tigers won the IL Tournament only that they survived. The pride was that they won the IL regular season crown, finished 16-0 and scared the daylights out of ND after being down by double digits in the 2nd half.

IvyMadness is a gimmick. The absolute worst argument is that other conferences do it -- I think that was the argument used by steroid users and probably will be an argument as to who pays off college BB players.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.224 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:31 PM