Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Coach of the Year
LyleGold 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-22-04
02-28-18 08:54 PM - Post#249952    
    In response to TheLine

• TheLine Said:

But I'll be far more disappointed if they don't come in 1st in the league. That banner is important

Ok, that's how you feel, but I can't understand how winning the regular season could matter more to you than going to the NCAAs. When I said that "we no longer value" the regular season, I point solely to the fact that it no longer carries the automatic bid with it. That was its real value.

I can tell by your screen name that you go back to the days when enough students cared that there WAS a line. Back then, going to the tournament was the main goal and it happened about half the time over the course of a few decades. Did you really feel any consolation after losing the playoffs in '96 (or '81 if you are old enough to remember) by having a share of the regular season? Do those banners make you feel anything other than disappointment?

I guess it's possible that some people see it that way. I just don't.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:49 AM