Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: another reason why I hate Villanova
AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
03-02-18 12:37 PM - Post#250144    
    In response to Streamers

The ILDN again gives you access to almost all Ivy games in almost all sports. It's unrelated to what you might prefer as halftime entertainment at a Penn bb game. That's another issue and even that one is more complex than what you personally might like or not like.

Times are changing and so is the marketplace. Penn students are not fully engaged for reasons other than the halftime entertainment. I've read of just about every type of promotion Penn has tried to get them there. It's a different student population than the one I matriculated with. They have many options and other competing interests.

If people are bitching about not being able to see the games, the only point I'm making is that for minimal cost they are available. So - why stand on principle? It's a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

A couple weeks ago I thought I'd watch Penn play Maryland in lacrosse on the BTN network. I couldn't. I wasn't a subscriber.

The ILDN network has opened up a whole new avenue for Ivy fans not in a local market area and who have life styles that prevent in person attendance.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.018 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:23 AM