Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Columbia Trails Dartmouth 39-28 at Halftime
Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
03-03-18 09:56 AM - Post#250393    
    In response to Columbia Alum

As a longstanding, passionate, occasionally myopic and invariably glass half full type of guy, I don’t think I have ever felt more bummed out about the direction of the program since the little lamented era of Armand Hill. Either this team has a significant talent gap and Engles has performed brilliantly in coaxing five wins out of it, or this team has some excellent talent but has consistently underperformed because we have a coach who is in over his head. I tend to think the latter. Mike Smith, for all his flaws, has NBA level skills, is the fastest player in the league, can probably get open from outside whoever he wants, but seems to be underutilizing his talents. He also needs to refine his erratic three point shot. Castlin has shown late in the season why he is probably the best all around player on the team. The way that Engles has underutilized him is to me probably his biggest failure, apart from giving minutes to Hickman. And Meisner is one of the few players in the league who is capable of a double double every night. With his talent and better coaching (nobody non that staff is qualified to coach big men) he should have been even more productive. So I go into tonight’s game hoping for the best but expecting very little. Now I know how the Penn guys felt during the last few Jerome Allen years.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.17 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:16 AM