Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy League Champs!
AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
03-07-18 05:58 PM - Post#251288    
    In response to SteveChop

Steve

Just to clarify, I wasn't talking about pre Ivy days. I'd also point out that in most Ivy sports the other schools have far fewer scholarships available than roster spots. that means in a sport like lacrosse, very few of Duke's players are full scholarship. Our generous financial aid packages are very competitive in non football, non basketball sports because of that.

As for the bigger question you posed - student non attendance - I do think the make up of the student body has changed. I agree with another poster that consistent winning would help Penn bb a lot; nevertheless, these kids are much better students than we were and have so many things at their fingertips that are entertaining that we never had. The school has tried a million different marketing promotions to get them to attend both football and basketball games. It's difficult. I remember when my sister's youngest was at Yale. He used to go to a sports bar to watch Nebraska (they live there). He was a jock who played rugby at Yale and QB in high school, but had zero interest in any Yale football game other than the Harvard game (and that was mostly about partying).

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:05 PM