Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dez ROY - Anderson nada??
jst4245 
Freshman

Reg: 05-23-12
03-08-18 10:41 AM - Post#251364    
    In response to Bruno

My opinion means jacksh*t, but I do feel the post season accolades were appropriate.

Anderson, in his defense, probably had too much on his plate this season - due to Hunsaker being unable to handle pressure and Kalema being hurt - but taking a real look beyond his first layer metrics (PPG, APG, SPG, etc) its pretty bad. Offensively: <30% from deep but still attempting over 4 per game....<40% from the field but still attempting over 13 shots...less than 1.5:1 assist to turnover. Defensively: to say he left much to be desired on this end would be an understatement. Never fought through screens on or off the ball with any consistency - which put tremendous pressure on our rotations. Not active on help side - body always upright and in relaxed position, etc. He alone is absolutely not the sole reason we were sub par defensively - a lot of guys have some answering to do on that end. He probably needs 15 lbs of real muscle to reach his potential. If he comes back next season the same size I'd expect more of the same.

On a more positive note I don't think it is a stretch to say we have two of the highest ceiling freshman in the league with Cambridge and Choh. Once Cambridge becomes more disciplined he will be a truly disruptive defender and a real threat to go for 40 pretty much any night. Choh started to really get it towards the end of the year. He is relentless on both ends and competes no matter what the score is. He is already a plus defender - and IMO he has the shooting mechanics to stretch his game out to 12-15 feet next year. I believe they can turn into a Matt Morgan/Stone Gettings type of combination.

While the league has a lot of young talent I am pretty bullish on this group getting to the Ivy tournament in the next year or two. It is really hard to break through but I am very optimistic.

Edited by jst4245 on 03-08-18 10:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:21 AM