Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Mason To Return This Weekend?!
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
03-08-18 05:54 PM - Post#251446    
    In response to rbg

Not much of a surprise, but Coach Jones told the Hartford Courant that Mason is done for the season.

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-sp- yale-m...

- Things are moving right along without Makai Mason, the Bulldogs guard who led the team to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 54 years as a sophomore two years ago. Mason has played just 21 minutes in the last two seasons due to foot problems and it is not likely he will play for Yale again in his final season.

“He’s out,” Jones said. “Unfortunately we haven’t had him and it is what it is. I hope he is able to be the player I know he can be.”

Mason, the Ivy League preseason Player of the Year, is expected to play a graduate year at Baylor so the next time he steps on the court he’ll be doing it for somebody else.

“Yeah but the thing is he’ll be doing it,” Jones said. “You want him to be able to realize that success that he’s capable of having and finish his career off better than the way he started it and it started off great. If he can be better than he was for us I’d be really happy to see that for him.”

Coming off an outstanding freshman season, Oni was looking forward to a season with Mason against an ambitious nonconference schedule.

“I definitely did but we should be solid,” Oni said. “We feel confident in the group we have. Obviously he would help a lot but we’ve been used to playing without him. The young guys are growing up. We should be all right.”
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.526 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:46 AM