Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bracketology watch
Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-22-04
03-12-18 10:14 AM - Post#252312    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

• HARVARDDADGRAD Said:
Mike, isn't there an inherent inconsistency or hurdle incurred due to the tournament? As I understood it, the narrative is that if the Ivy has a qualified at large team that doesn't win the tournament then we might get a second bid (at large). However, that presupposes a loss in the tournament, presumably to a lesser ranked squad. That loss can't possibly help in this anti mid-major selection process. Possibly worse, I would expect that a Sunday 'upset' would put the committee in the position of having to jettison a Power 5 team in favor of an Ivy squad that couldn't even beat a lower regarded Ivy squad in it's final game. Who really thinks the committee wants to do that, especially for an Ivy squad already guaranteed an NIT bid?

This pipe dream is internally inconsistent and, thus, our Folly.

Do you not read anyone else? Even Mike? This is basically a prime reason he's flipped on the tournament's appropriateness.

My reason - IT'S FUN! - is still applicable.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.527 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:23 AM