Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Amaker Still Loves the Palestra for the Tournament
Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
Reg: 11-23-04
03-12-18 02:28 PM - Post#252447    
    In response to Silver Maple

As to the question of holding the tournament at the Palestra moving forward, I'm torn. On one hand, from the standpoint of entertainment value, the Palestra is currently, by far, the best choice. Being that college basketball in general, and the IL Tournament in particular, is an entertainment product, this is a crucial consideration. However, there's no denying that holding this thing every year on Penn's home court isn't 'fair.' Over time, I fear that this lack of equity will compromise the entertainment value of the product. So, even if the Powers That Be choose to stay in Philadelphia for another year, I really think that they need to find a viable alternative for this entertainment product they've created. I'm skeptical that some shittty little neutral arena in Connecticut is the solution.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.171 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:06 AM