Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Women
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
03-12-18 04:46 PM - Post#252516    
    In response to Go Green

Two impressive performances from a very good team.

From the first game of the season, they seemed to be the team to beat. A surprising hiccup against Yale, which happened to Penn last year, and a bad 20 minutes against Harvard were the only problems they had through the Ivy schedule. Even with the tournament at the Palestra, it was hard to think they would not win in a convincing manner.

As a Penn person, I had no problem with anything Coach Banghart said or did this weekend. She is smart, confident and really good at her profession. She assembles solid teams, coaches them well and protects them at all times. Watching her press conferences, she gives complex well thought out comments, even if they are not what people are expecting or want to hear.

Towards the end of yesterday's post-game press conference, it was noted that several of her players kneel during the national anthem and she was asked about this. She mentioned that she and the university support the players' rights to peacefully protest, but she wanted them to discuss the issue. It was important for her to have her student-athletes work things through because she felt smart people are supposed to talk about things that are hard. With a diverse roster of students, including the niece of the former President, these were probably not easy discussions.

I went back and watched that clip and to the best of my ability am posting the last part of her comment, "I'm really proud that they felt like they've thought things through and I feel it's important as an educated woman to have an opinion that is well thought out. And so, I supported them and I think they know that I really supported them."

If I were a parent of one of her players, I would be confident that she was going to bring out the best of my child's abilities while helping her to become a strong and successful person. In the end, who wouldn't want someone like that in charge of their school's program.

Edited by rbg on 03-12-18 04:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.255 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:23 AM