Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Can we talk about Home Court Advantage?
TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
03-13-18 08:51 AM - Post#252664    
    In response to penn nation

Most of the folks on this thread are from one of the basketball "haves" in the league (I guess Penn now qualifies as a "have" again and I'm giving Princeton the benefit of the doubt). I'm wondering about the opinion from fans of the "have nots." If you are from one of the BCCD universtiies, what do you think?

I graduated from both Penn and Columbia and am an avid supporter of both. While the Penn side of me does have mixed opinions (I totally get the argument that it could be best for the league to reward and send the season conference winner to the dance), the Columbia side of me likes that there is more for the players to play for even when you're not competing for 1st.

Also my sense is that the coaches, players, students, and schools are all for a tournament, and the only holdouts are older alums from the "haves." Am I right about that?

I'm not trying to make a value judgment on one side of the debate v. the other, just am trying to make sure I understand who is on each side of the debate.

Edited by TheLine on 03-13-18 08:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.86 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:05 PM