Username Post: Women's NIT: St John's
dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
03-19-18 07:15 PM - Post#253846    
    In response to JDP

Many thanks to JDP for excellent preview, as there are no programs .

Think I can already disqualify this place as a venue for the Ivy tourney:

1. Parking limited, to put it mildly; was fortunate to find a place on Union Tpke right near the arena, because everything on campus requires a permit. In fairness, on weekends, you wouldn't have the commuters, but even at that, you might have to hope it was over spring break to guarantee sufficient space.
2.) Transit access not much better; a mile's walk or bus ride from the subway, even further from the LIRR.
3.) I just had to go through a metal detector to get in, folks. This for a women's game at which the attendance is a generously estimated 200, including teams, cheerleaders, band, staff, etc. This ain't Hanover any more, boys and girls, or even New Haven.
4.) For not being a huge place (5,300 or so.), seats are not well laid out; the sidelines go three tiers up, with the upper deck starting to verge on Jadwin territory. While I haven't gotten the backstage tour, I also can't imagine that there's much more party/mingling space than at the Palestra, for those who care about such things. Guess we'll have to settle for Bridgeport after all.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:55 PM