American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Bison Recruits 2018
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
03-23-18 10:13 PM - Post#254242    
    In response to MrPhillie

Not sure of the answer. But I can tell you that they have generally set their sights on different players than the rest of the PL. The two centers they came close to landing were very good - but ultimately picked the other finalist (Vermont and Rice).

Of the players landed over the past two years by other PL programs, very few were recruited by Bucknell. Here are the number of players landed by the other PL schools, followed by how many had Bison offers:

Current freshmen: 47 recruits, 2 had Bison offers.
Current HS seniors: 27 recruits, 3 had Bison offers.

If you eliminate the huge number of players brought in each year by Army and Navy, it looks like this:

Current freshmen: 31 recruits, 2 had Bison offers.
Current HS seniors: 14 recruits, 2 had Bison offers.

I can't really answer the biggest question, i.e. why are they having so much difficulty landing players? I am starting to think the current coaching staff might not have the same ability to develop relationships that Dane Fischer and Aaron Kelly had - but I have no evidence of that. A couple of good late commitments could change that opinion quickly however.

The other possibility is simply randomness. DP had two exceptional classes - and the rest of his recruiting classes ranged from good to mediocre. If his first two classes had been two of the mediocre ones, then we might be having discussions about his classes. Having said that, his staff was always able to land a full recuiting class in the fall. It's tough when you have to go into the spring - when there are very few good players who also have good academics.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.291 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:37 AM