Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard Starting Lineup Next Year
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
03-26-18 09:35 AM - Post#254292    
    In response to mrjames

Thanks for the additional insights and information.

I'm assuming Mason would have to earn his time from the minutes allocated to Danilo, Robert and Henry. Probably not that tough to do from the perspective of his defense, but I do note that Coach Amaker seems to have kept Egi on the bench due to impact on offense. From what I saw, could be the same decision with Mason unless he can involve himself in the flow of the offense.

Didn't realize Spencer Freedman was that experienced. Yes, it would be great to have a strong PG on the second unit. Again, assuming Bryce and Kirkwood start, it gets crowded with Juzang, McCarthy and Haskett - all of whom have impressed at one time or another.

I did notice Kale's 'ups' and aggressiveness on defense. He appears to have scoring skills, but not sure if he can shoot the 3. That will be important. Remember, Bassey was around a 30 point scorer in HS who was refocused per Amaker's gameplanning. I would expect Kale goes that way as well.

I guess we both see only Noah as a potential starter, with Spencer the most likely of the others to crack the rotation. Mason will be focused on defense, but is he strong enough to earn minutes from a Baker or Welsh? To me, Kale is the real wildcard due to his athleticism and versatility. If he can shoot, he'll eventually get minutes.

Reasonable class, but certainly in the shadow of the Class of 2016 + Danilo + Haskett.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.304 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:38 PM