Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Voy Board
Dr. V 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
04-23-18 09:55 PM - Post#255696    
    In response to CUBballFan

Does it occur to you , CUBballFan, that publicly airing a witch's brew of innuendo, speculation and just nonsense is harmful to the program that you profess to support?

Basic facts: in today's game, transfers are common and a fact of life. The other team I follow, Michigan, has had 3 outgoing transfers in the last 3 years and two incoming. The usual reasons are, belief that a player can get more playing time in a different program; a coach telling a player that the program will not offer him a 5th year (two of Michigan's outgoing transfers were of this type, one transferred to Purdue and another to Ohio St.). No one got hysterical. It's part of the game today.

Another basic fact: coaches are given 3-5 years to show what they can do. The Ivies tend to 5, high majors sometimes cut ties after 3, but rarely. I've once explained why BB coaches are given that length of time. If you need a refresher, I'll provide same.

If a couple of shots had gone in or if a couple of players' on-court decisions had been different, we'd be having a different conversation. We were badly hurt by the injuries our team had because we were thin, talent-wise. When things don't work out as well as hoped for, some people point fingers and whine, others buckle down and work hard to get better.

Claiming, as you did, that no one improved is just nonsense. Adlesh improved greatly and Smith improved significantly.

There's nothing wrong with choosing to get a divorce--things just didn't work out for whatever reason. I wish both players well. And if someone has a concrete, specific complaint about something that is significant, that's what the AD is there for. But leaving with vague complaints about culture or then, as fans, trying to expand on such vagueness with baseless rumination, is, to put it diplomatically, unwise.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.177 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:12 AM