Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: New Recruits an Next Years Lineupps
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
05-02-18 07:58 AM - Post#256274    
    In response to flinder

• flinder Said:

I think we have trouble attracting players because (a) we're a rural school, (b) the campus is perceived as conservative, and (c) we haven't won an Ivy title since 1960. How do you overcome those three factors until you actually win with a group you've got? Somewhere along the line, the team has to overachieve; when was the last time Dartmouth did that? The Sea Lonergan years?

I would be shocked if this is an issue today.

And I don't know what definition you are using for "overachieve." Arguably, we overachieved this past season given the hand we were dealt.

If you mean "last time we were a legit threat for the title" was the late 1990s with that Boyd-Buth-Gee-Harris-MacG innis starting five. Unfortunately, we didn't have anyone good on the bench and were not able to finish games (worth mentioning that the guys on the bench were products of Furstenberg raising the AI).
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.567 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:44 AM