Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: tournament
SteveChop 
PhD Student

Reg: 07-28-07
05-25-18 03:23 PM - Post#257209    
    In response to AsiaSunset

Of course it will sell out - it is TINY. While I'd acknowledge it is an unusual setting, in my view (and I've been there many times), the lighting has always sucked and, as you note, there are those few rows of seats at only one end.

It was noted today in the Philadelphia Inquirer that at this past year's semifinals, the combined attendance was 5,219 and for the finals was 5,564. In 2017, those numbers were 5,023 and 3,833 (with the Penn men not playing) was 3,833. Where does the league think almost 3,000 people per date will be? Even if the average ticket is $50 (and it was much higher in 2017), that's $15,000 in ticket revenue plus the refreshments and souvenirs those 3,000 people would buy.

The article notes that the attendance will suffer. BRILLIANT - hey, these guys represent Ivy League schools. There is NO WAY that you can convince me that this tournament will not suck from a fan's point of view (and the league's pocketbook) even if the games are good.

And much as I also don't like the Columbia gym, Levien holds 2,500 (almost exactly the same number and is more centrally located than New Haven. And it's in New York where people just might find other attractions.

This remains a joke!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.456 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:57 AM