Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Ivy Tournament at Yale?
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
05-27-18 10:30 AM - Post#257237    
    In response to Cvonvorys

Can you find an article from any school in the country where the kid says they made their decision based on a conference tournament? Recruits don't decide on schools just because of (fill-in-the-blank conference tournament).

I know when I was travelling on the west coast and Florida last month I had over a dozen people come up to me (while wearing Penn gear) and tell me they watched the ILT on ESPN.

And if you poll the players around the league whether the ILT is a plus/neutral/negative for them I would be shocked if it was less than 90% in favor.

I don't think it's a debate that the ILT raises the profile of the league across the country. And what High School Basketball kid doesn't want to do what Darnell Foreman did at the end of the half vs Harvard? Did ESPN show the final seconds of Yale beating Penn in New Haven? Nope. Did they show Cambridge going off at Princeton or Harvard losing @Columbia or the OT game at Cornell v Princeton on the last weekend? Nope. But they showed Darnell making that three and the highlights/final seconds of the ILT championship game over, and over, and over that day.

Any recruit who watched the ILT on ESPN (and I am quite sure many of them did) saw Towns, Lewis, Brodeur, Caleb, Betley, Juzang, etc and I'd be surprised if the level of play, athleticism, and competitiveness was a negative for their impression of Ivy League Basketball.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.707 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:01 AM