Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Ivy Tournament at Yale?
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
05-28-18 08:37 AM - Post#257258    
    In response to Jeff2sf

• Jeff2sf Said:
My two criteria for supporting the tourney are:

1. Do the players want it? Overwhelmingly
2. Do I have fun when I watch it? Hell yes. Might be different if Penn doesn't play in the tourney though.

You make a number of good points on both ends of the spectrum. I have a somewhat different perspective in that I enjoy the regular IL season and will continue to watch it with great joy even though the regular season has been diminished with the concept that you can get to the Big Dance even though you finish in 4th place with a 6-8 record -- just not right.

Unlike you, I have no interest in watching a single moment of IL Madness and that includes two years ago when the Tigers won the IvyMadness. Try to avoid hypocrisy if at all possible.

The truth is that the IL Tournament has done little, if anything, to enhance the image of the League. Most non-IL fans think that the league is not very good but they will waver for a few days if the IL representative gives a scare to a power team in round 1.

What will really change the perception? If Harvard over the next two years goes on a tear and makes the NCAA tournament as a result of their performance or if IL team does something similar over the next few years. The other possibility is that the IL recruits a great player, i.e. the Bill Bradley of the world, and the national media follows the player in non-league and league games. IvyMadness is a mirage to the real issues in the league and the administration of the tournament is laughable.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.115 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:16 AM