Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Ivy Tournament at Yale?
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
05-31-18 03:51 PM - Post#257463    
    In response to Streamers

Two things I'll say as I jump back in and then leave this conversation again:

1-It's really getting old to have the same people say the same thing the same way over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. The ILT is not going away anytime soon so please just deal with it.

2-The decision to go to Yale is mysterious and makes me think, not that the goals have changed, but that the people we thought were making the decisions are not. E.G. (and I have no idea here) it could be that ESPN is deciding the location and they want it in CT because the HQ is there, or because Yale is an iconic Ivy institution and they want to showcase the place (no one watching on TV will likely know that the capacity is a third of the Palestra).

I think more than anything else it's at Yale for a branding exercise. The ILT is, at it's core, an effort at re-branding the league (for any number of arguable reasons) and we can all disagree with the efficacy of the desired outcomes but from my point of view every decision the administration has made seems consistent with that goal when I look at through that lens.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.176 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:13 PM