Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Ivy Tournament at Yale?
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
05-31-18 09:44 PM - Post#257491    
    In response to Streamers

Reality is that the Qaukers had a competitive advantage against Harvard last year especially in light of the final score. Yale will have a similar competitive advantage this upcoming year. The historical point spread established by Vegas for homecourt is well established over many many years. Does it diminish the Quakers win last year? -- time will tell.

As to next year's tournament, the only explanation provided by Robin so far is that the Yale gym is iconic. There is really no other explanation that she has provided and unfortunately that leads to conjecture and speculation.

The better approach for the IL might be to speak honestly as to the reasons behind these decisions. Everyone would understand if Robin speaks in measured terms but shee might gain some credibility if truthful information is provided, i.e. coaches stepped up and opposed a third year at the Palestra, etc. or whatever.

People who not drink the Kool-Aid of IvyMadness would welcome an explanation as to the thought process behind these decisions which appear to be illogical without a rational explanation. I have my doubts that Robin will pick up on the suggestion.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.278 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:13 AM