Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Ivy Tournament at Yale?
Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
06-28-18 11:44 AM - Post#258328    
    In response to TheLine

• TheLine Said:
That said, I love Columbia basketball and when I post on the Columbia boards it's solely as a Columbia alum and as a defender of my fellow Columbia posters. And of the Columbia players, as Q03 can attest to even though he's one of my absolute favorite posters on the Penn board.

Right back at you, even if you were off-base on that one ;).

As for the overall topic, I was someone who wasn't in favor of a tournament at first because I didn't like some of the arguments being used to defend it (increased media exposure, etc) but as a Penn fan who experienced the year 1 comeback, it's hard not to agree that it's better for the league as a whole. I only have two issues at this point. The first issue is this idea that Harvard really got screwed this year. The fact that they even had "home court" advantage was a joke (for a number of reasons) and if you want to look at the difference in that game, look at the injury to the star player. I do wholeheartedly agree that playing consistently at the Palestra is unfair and something has to be done to better award a true number 1 seed.

My other major gripe, and one that has yet to be remedied, is playing on that final Sunday. I waited 10 years to see my team back in the tournament and then I get stuck watching them play as a 16-seed purely because our final ended too late to be taken into seeding scenarios?! 3 months later and it's still not ok.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.206 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:31 AM