Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Recruits
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
06-29-18 08:51 AM - Post#258338    
    In response to PennFan10

Brown has picked up its first recruit for the Class of 2019 - Carsten Kogelnik, a 6'6" shooting guard from DeMatha High School in Baltimore.

Verbal Commits lists Kogelnik as a two-star recruit with a previous offer from West Virginia Wesleyan. Prep Hoops noted that he can play at the 2 or 3 positions. According to a 4/19/18 tweet from Adam Ayalew, UConn, American, Bucknell, Delaware, Old Dominion were showing interest in Kogelnik.

He was named Honorable Mention for the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference in 2017-2018.

Here is a Prep Hoops article about Kogelnik from 6/2017:
https://www.prephoops.com/2017/06/prospect-spot lig...

- Last season we were very impressed with Carsten. He emerged as a key player down the stretch for DeMatha as sophomore. In key games he hit numerous clutch shots and displayed excellent shot mechanics. Last season he was primarily a catch & shoot player. Carsten says,” Last season we had great players like DJ Harvey and Ryan Allen who were or key play-makers & got to the rim. I was utilized as a kick-out option for our spacing.”

6’3″ Ryan Allen was DeMatha’s PG who will play at Delaware and was awarded 2nd Team All DMV I-495 Team by us. DJ Harvey is a 6’6″ wing was rated # 46 in nation, f1rst Team All DMV I 495 Team who will play for Notre Dame.

This coming season Carsten will show more of his versatility for DeMatha and adds. “I will play the 2 & 3 for us this year and I can score on 3 levels.” Last night Carsten showed his ability to attack the rim and covert off the dribble. His outside shot looked very good and Carsten already looks stronger than in March. He adds’ ” I work out 6 t days a week and this summer I want to improve my ball handling and defense. For strength and conditioning I workout with Coach Tobe Stevens from DeMatha and my Trainer is Blair O’Donovan. Balir helps me with my explosiveness and overall basketball skills which I additionally work on with Coach Cromer from DeMatha. Some of my exercises for explosiveness include squats, calf work & box jump” Despite the fact Carsten missed 2 weeks with an ankle sprain he had some nice pop in his game tonight. -

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.196 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:19 AM