Username Post: 2018-2019 Schedule
JDBison2010 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, SC
Reg: 11-23-10
07-14-18 07:16 AM - Post#258883    
    In response to crd012

• crd012 Said:
Husky, I have to ask...what is your obsession with Newman? He has shown us nothing to think he’d be a major contributor next year. So unless you personally know him I don’t understand why you continue to bring him up. I’ll happily eat crow if I’m wrong. But he wasn’t worth noting this year.

I don’t think it’s an obsession but rather more of a rumination because, you’re right; Newman was a non factor last year. The difference is Newman didn’t need to be anything last year. This year is drastically different.

The team has question marks heading into next season and I too am focused on Newman. Our front court depth is basically non existent if you look at who is behind Bruce and Sestina, two guys who consistently get into foul trouble. In the past, the team has been able to absorb it because of our depth. This year, after a few near misses in recruiting (Milora-Brown and Davis are the first two that come to mind), we are having to rely on a sparingly used Newman to be, likely, one of the first guys off the bench. We’ll know quickly if he’s made strides or if we are in for a long year up front if our starters are plagued with foul trouble or just general fatigue from having to play too many minutes. Also have to remember that Sestina will be coming off surgery on his knee.

All reasons why it would be great to get another PF/C next year. Coach Davis was checking out Robbie Beran yesterday which is a good sign. Hope we are still in the running
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.533 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:24 PM