Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Meisner
Clyde 
Freshman

Reg: 06-19-18
07-24-18 09:09 AM - Post#259368    
    In response to Murph

A quick note on "Offers"

Today's prep basketball players expect to "be offered" by schools, although that doesn't necessarily mean that an offer leads to a roster spot. An "offer" gets posted on social media and it's a big deal but it's not binding. When a D1 scholarship school "offers" a talented HS sophomore, they aren't actually handing the kid a LOI to sign. An "offer" from an Ivy League school to a HS underclassman isn't really anything other a way for the school to show that the kid is of very strong interest, near the top of their list for that class. I don't know what the proper number of offers is for a non-scholarship school. My sibling is a D1 assistant and says that having 10 or more per year is not uncommon. I follow UCLA closely and believe they have about 30 offers for the '19 and '20 HS classes despite only having a few scholarships available for those years.

Edited by Clyde on 07-24-18 09:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.079 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:22 PM