Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Article: Jerome Took Bribes at Penn
AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
10-09-18 11:06 AM - Post#262239    
    In response to palestra38

Kind of agree with both of you. Jerome obviously took a bribe. The issue of utilizing marginal players to reach a school mandated team AI bogey is nothing new though. All the Ivies do it. It used to be far more prevalent in Penn bb back when we had a JV team. There were often marginal D1 kids who were in recruiting classes who never made a varsity roster.

So whether or not anyone at Penn other than Jerome knew about the money remains to be seen but I don't think taking a marginal kid with the right AI and coded by a coach would be a novel experience for the admissions dept that would raise too many eyebrows. I also don't think Nat Graham would have been elevated to associate head coach if he thought Esformes was anything but an AI booster. Did Ira know more? I doubt it, but the external investigation has yet to reveal its findings.

I suspect Jerome is cooperating with the investigation now that his case appears to be settled and he has pleaded guilty - but I don't know that that's a fact.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.226 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:18 AM