Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: MMM All-Ivy preview
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
10-16-18 02:56 PM - Post#262741    
    In response to SomeGuy

Brown has everyone returning, which should mean a lot in a high tempo offense. I do like Princeton when Aririzugoh is on the floor. He's the first real big they've had in years. Gladson gives them depth - although Henderson may use them the other way around depending on the opponent. Stephens (former DOY) and Aririzugoh are a tough inside pair. Nevertheless, I saw Princeton's defense as its achilles heel last year with Cannady, Much and Desrosiers. That is where Bell will be missed. I bet Much and Desrosiers will be focusing on improving that part of their games.

Brown is still lightning in a bottle. When Cambridge gets hot - watch out!

Probably Princeton's spot unless it implodes as it did last year.

By the way, I think I saw that Harvard is 2nd or 3rd in the country in returning minutes (or was it scoring or possessions?). I think this stat is meaningful as Ivy players tend to not be as ready as freshmen, but the better ones really improve with seniority. Harvard is theoretically over 100% if a healthy Aiken is factored in on top of Juzang. Looking at pre-season photos, it looks like guys like Aiken and Towns are maturing physically.

Anyway, clearly the league pundits place Penn over Yale, whereas most national publications had it the other way around. If they are all correct, the deciding moment could be at Payne Whitney on March 16th at 3:00pm when the presumed 2nd and 3rd seeded teams face off. Will HCA decide things?

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.18 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:07 AM