Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy League Preseason Media Poll
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
10-19-18 12:25 PM - Post#263051    
    In response to Quakers03

CBS Sports today names Harvard as one of the Cinderalla squads who could surprise in NCAA basketball tournament. (Actually, #7 of the 11 named potential ball crashers.) NBC Sports also just named Harvard as one of 10 midmajors most likely to impact the tournament (ala Loyola-Chicago)

For how many years can a league, let alone a team, be considered a "surprise?"

If the Crimson reach the NCAA's these next two years, I can't believe that any Power 5 wants that draw. I suspect the committee will scheme to pit the Crimson against another midmajor to avoid an unfortunate result. I've been impressed by how Harvard has often played up to quality opponent in recent years, including Kentucky (-9), Minnesota (-10), Marquette (-7), Kansas (-6), Oklahoma (-12) and UNC (-2). That doesn't include NCAA wins over New Mexico and Cincy and in season tournament victories over BYU, Auburn and Florida St. Of course, Harvard has laid an egg on occasion too (UVA, St. Mary's), but Amaker seems to be able to coach his team up to the level of a ranked opponent often enough to scare any NCAA opponent. I hope that Bryce and Seth are healthy enough and that the rotation is set early enough so that Harvard can give UNC (Jan 2) and St. Mary's (Nov 24) a scare.

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 10-19-18 12:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.174 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:17 PM