American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: bonaventure
res 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-21-06
10-23-18 07:39 PM - Post#263383    
    In response to Bison137

• Bison137 Said:
St. Bonaventure is adjacent to Olean NY, which is near the PA border and about 70 miles south/southeast of Buffalo. Res can illuminate the highlights of Olean.

I'd be happy to, though I'm a couple of decades out of date. I will be in attendance though, and am happy to play tour guide to the best of my ability.

• Bison137 Said:
As for Bona, they can be beaten if the Bison play well. The Reilly Center is a tough place to play and there will be a loud sellout crowd, but as noted above, Bona is not as strong as last year. Last season they went 14-4 in the A-10 (second place), beat both Syracuse and Maryland, and earned an at-large bid into the Big Dance. They look more like A-10 middle-of-the-pack this year.

It will be an interesting game. Both teams have obvioulsy had significant losses to graduation. With Stockard almost certainly out for this game, Bona is going to have to rely on some seemingly talented but in most cases raw newcomers. I think Nate will be key. He's going to have to keep his cool. He's going to be pumped playing closer to home and if he's going up against Ikpeze for Bona as he almost certainly will, there's going to be a lot of both incidental and non-incidental contact. It wouldn't surprise me if they both are in foul trouble early and often.

As to the possibility of a sellout, I doubt it. I'm sure there will be some sort of banner raising going on, but a Wednesday night is a tougher sell these past years with an increasingly shrinking and aging local community and fewer than 2,000 undergraduates. Nate's going to bring in some from nearby Cameron County PA but there just aren't that many to bring in. I'm guessing about 4,500 ("official" capacity is 5,480). On a weekend, you get alums from Buffalo and Rochester driving down but not so much on weeknights.

Edited by res on 10-23-18 07:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.314 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:25 AM