Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy League preseason power rankings
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
10-25-18 08:33 AM - Post#263440    
    In response to Go Green

Matt Norlander at CBS Sports has ranked all of the teams in Division 1. Here is where he has the Ivy teams.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/ne ws/...

80. Harvard
The (healthy) return of Bryce Aiken and getting Seth Towns and Chris Lewis back means Tommy Amaker has three of the 10 best players in the Ivy League. After three seasons away, the Crimson should return to the NCAAs -- although that's more of a question now since the Ivy League (unfortunately) went to a four-team tournament to decide its auto bid.

141. Pennsylvania
The Quakers will be a quality Ivy League team, but losing Darnell Foreman and Caleb Wood to graduation is going to be an issue. Juniors A.J. Brodeur or Ryan Betley should get even better -- this team could wind up as the best in the IL ... by March 2020.

174. Yale
As some readers know, I live in Connecticut and am not so far from Yale. So with that in mind, I plan on making the drive to New Haven and watching Miye Oni play this season. The junior is a vintage Ivy League workhorse.

196. Princeton
Jaelin Llewellyn's mix with Princeton's experienced guards is going to be an interesting dynamic. How the team shares the ball with Devin Cannady (best player) may take some time. Tigers figure to be better than last season.

244. Brown
Going to be in almost every Ivy League contest because the Bears return everyone of note, most notably sophomore shooting guard Desmond Cambridge.

258. Cornell
Cornell really took a hit losing stretch 4 Stone Gettings to Arizona. The team's best player is still Matt Morgan, who I think has a chance for Ivy League Player of the Year.

271. Columbia
Junior point guard Mike Smith is the Lion's best chance to spoil predictions and get this team into the top four of the Ivy League.

294. Dartmouth
Ha. And what I wrote directly above this also has to apply to Hanover, New Hampshire's own proud university as well. Dartmouth again will be cellar-dwelling in the Ivy.

(What he wrote directly above Dartmouth was this -
293. Southern Utah
Todd Simon pushes the pace, which can help (and hurt) when the roster lacks length. This university is located in Cedar City, Utah, which I'm sure is a pretty great place to live for all that the environment provides ... but it's also got to be among the 10 most isolated universities in D-I.)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.866 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:13 AM